Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Blog 2 - Communication Skills


Hi Everyone, my topic for Blog 2

Communication Skills.

Provide a user-friendly, downloadable one-page handout summarising recommended steps or strategies for effective interpersonal communication. This handout should target Australian adults and be designed, for example, for distribution to patients in doctor's waiting rooms. Also provide more detailed commentary and background to the handout in your blog post.

I'm looking forward to undertaking this assignment as I work in Health and therefore like the idea of the example provided. I also enjoy communicating and engaging with people so identifying strategies for effective interpersonal communication will be interesting. If anyone wants to share any thoughts or ideas on this topic, I would welcome your feedback and if I can provide you with any assistance I'd be happy to.

Thanks
Michelle

1 comment:

beck1411 said...

Hey Shell,
I think that this is a great topic and something that we could all benefit from. We often think we are great comminucators but how does the person recieving our message feel??
I made a comment on my blog a while back about the way people tend to communicate with those who are not as competant in the language and had some good feedback comments(http://beckpsychblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/can-you-hear-me.html.
I found this quiz http://www.wittcom.com
/communication_skills_quiz.htm
online and thought it might be useful to you or something you might like to put a link too for people to have a go at, my scores indicated that i need to polish my communicator skills.

Good Luck
beck =)